I’ll be doing them until 12:30 EST.
I’ll be using either the Shadowscapes Tarot or The Oracle of Shadows and Light alternatively through the readings. Feel free to ask~
Columbia student will carry her mattress until her rapist exits school
September 2, 2014
While most students at Columbia University will spend the first day of classes carrying backpacks and books, Emma Sulkowicz will start her semester on Tuesday with a far heavier burden. The senior plans on carrying an extra-long, twin-size mattress across the quad and through each New York City building – to every class, every day – until the man she says raped her moves off campus.
“I was raped in my own bed,” Sulkowicz told me the other day, as she was gearing up to head back to school in this, the year American colleges are finally, supposedly, ready to do something about sexual assault. “I could have taken my pillow, but I want people to see how it weighs down a person to be ignored by the school administration and harassed by police.”
Sulkowicz is one of three women who made complaints to Columbia against the same fellow senior, who was found “not responsible” in all three cases. She also filed a police report, but Sulkowicz was treated abysmally – by the cops, and by a Columbia disciplinary panel so uneducated about the scourge of campus violence that one panelist asked how it was possible to be anally raped without lubrication.
So Sulkowicz joined a federal complaint in April over Columbia’s mishandling of sexual misconduct cases, and she will will hoist that mattress on her shoulders as part savvy activism, part performance art. “The administration can end the piece, by expelling him,” she says, “or he can, by leaving campus.”
As painful as I know the constant reminder of attending school with her rapist must be, I’m glad she won’t be the only one forced to remember. I hope the rapist drops out immediately…or better yet, I hope he faces the justice he deserves.
ROMCOM IDEA two queer girls who used to date each other and had a nasty break-up have to endure being bridesmaids together in their mutual friend’s wedding. will they kill each other??? will they drunkenly make out at the bachelorette party?? we just don’t know.
“Molly, why are you still here?”
“You… you told me not to wander off.”
“Oh. Well. That’s strange. I mean, usually I tell them not to wander off, but they never actually listen. Are you sure you’re human?”
YES OH MY GOD YES I NEED MOLLY AS COMPANION.
I had no idea how much I needed that til now.
I WOULD WATCH THAT SO HARD.
GUYS. GUYS I THINK I JUST OFFICIALLY GOT WHOLOCKED.
imagine her telling the doctor
imagine his face
So I found this CD on the street today on my way to work, right? So I decided I’d bring it home and listen to it.
And it was the best decision I’ve ever made in my life.
I don’t normally say this
but everyone needs to stop and listen to this
Oh my god.
… this is so awesome I have no words for it. *boogies* ♥♥
What the fuck is going on.
“Stop sending expired food”….”fried chicken 64.99”
IQALUIT, Nunavut — A head of cabbage for $20. Fifteen bucks for a small bag of apples.
A case of ginger ale: $82.
Fed up and frustrated by sky-high food prices and concerned over widespread hunger in their communities, thousands of Inuit have spent weeks posting pictures and price tags from their local grocery stores to a Facebook site called Feed My Family.
WHAT IN THE FUCK? This shit is not okay.
ughhslfkajsdlf gross gross gross
Reblogging for the extra articles.
Also… I might show up to this protest and support them.
Pay attention to this stuff, please, followers who haven’t heard about this! This kind of thing is completely erased in news media.
This is really fucking important.
This is why I don’t respect anyone who blindly supports the anti-sealing protestors. Because for a lot of people, it’s the only affordable option.
It’s not just Iqaluit. In Nain, Labrador this problem has been going on for ages and nobody does anything about it. $47 for a ham and $17 for a block of cheese. In Rigolet, Labrador, a loaf of bread costs $7. Here’s another picture of an Iqaluit food price changing before your very eyes.
The NNCP is starving people, reducing their food choices, and keeping people on EI poor. This is so, so wrong.
How can we help? I joined the group and checked out the website, but I didn’t see anything that can be actively done (other than raising awareness, which, of course, is great).
Excellent question! If you read through the group (which is here, for anyone who missed it), there are people talking about some ways to help.
- Look at the latest news on the Feeding My Family website to see what the priorities are and how you might be able to help.
- If you’re Canadian, call your local MP and ask to discuss this issue and express your concern.
- Look up ways to support putting pressure onto airlines to charge fair rates (a $1000 plane ticket should be from one coast to the other, not a few hundred miles).
- Research and learn what you can about food sustainability. For a start, how about learning square foot/metre (French intensive) gardening or container gardening and starting to practice it yourself? Share these techniques with friends and family. Get good at it so you can teach them to others who have poor food security in your own area.
- For the love of God, stop signing “anti-sealing”/”anti-hunting” petitions and supporting Greenpeace’s actions without understanding the complicated, nuanced situation in the North.
- Watch the FB group, because people there mention direct donations and ways to help the organizations actually on the ground there.
- For example, one person is starting up a donation project/fundraiser.
- Look at what organizations like FoodShare are doing and support them.
There is so much to be done. Sharing news articles and stories, lists of resources, donation and fundraising pages, and knowledge about food security is critical, but there’s a lot more work of all sorts.
The Canadian govt stopped focusing on endangering sex workers and driving them underground and the media stopped writing stupid salacious “should we or shouldn’t we” articles ALL WITH THE SAME FUCKING SILHOUETTE OF A MINISKIRTED GIRL ON A CORNER TALKING TO A CAR
and actually stopped being genocidal and took care of these people?
ps I told you canada isn’t cute
(Source: , via storiesandconjure)
HELLO!~ so… I have some pretty amazing followers. I’ve also had some rough times lately, and having all of you with me has helped me in more ways than I can ever really articulate. So, as a way of thanking you, I wanted to put together a package of goodies for one special person. (And if it goes well, I’ll be doing it more often!!)
- giveaway blogs excluded
- must be following me constantine-spiritworker
- reblog to enter (likes don’t count!)
- be a US resident or at least have a US address (sorry, shipping sucks)
- have an open ask box so I can get your address
- be 18 years or older
- This giveaway is in no way associated with Tumblr
- winner will be chosen at random on 8/31
- the winner must respond within 24 hours or a new one will be selected
don’t be one of the asshole blogs I’ve had issues with the last few weeks (none of you should be following me anyway)
- 1 abalone shell & stand
- 6 quartz points & organza pouch
- 1 bloodstone merkaba pendulum
- 1 7-day white, unscented jar candle
- 2 pieces palo santo
- 3 black tea lights (unscented)
- 3 jasmine bouquet scented white tea lights
- 3 lavender scented tea lights
- 12 white, unscented chime/vigil candles
- 1 copy Psychic Tarot by Nancy Antenucci
- 1 copy Llewellyn’s 2015 Daily Planetary Guide
- 1 maroon triquetra journal with elastic closure
- The Conscious Spirit Oracle Deck
- Madame Endora’s Fortune Cards
- 1 custom tarot/card reading spread cloth (not pictured) (winner will get to pick one from my stash)
- 1 custom drawstring bag (not pictured) (winner will get to pick the size & colors)
Okay! Go nuts!
I am now opening to international shipping!
ALSO - gain additional entries by creating a storenvy account and watching my shop! (Additionally, for brownie points, feel free to envy any products you like, or like me on FB.) Once you do that, make a pit stop HERE to provide your tumblr username AND storenvy username (otherwise I can’t add your additional entries).
Hello Friends! If you have anything:
Red Vs Blue
Dan and Phil
Anime in general
on your blog please re-blog this and I will follow you because I feel like my blog is not getting enough of these things on it recently. Thank youuu! :3
Nina Simone | Love Me Or Leave Me
Because I’d rather be lonely than happy with somebody else.
Only 2 days left!I’ve decided to end this on Sunday 31st August as I don’t think it needs the extra month! I’ll announce the winner on Monday 1st September! Good luck ♥
haus-of-grotesque’s 1,000 follower giveaway!
Thank you all for following me and supporting my work! To thank you properly I thought I’d do a little giveway so here we go!
The winner will receive one of my new skirts (pictured above) and it will be fully custom!
You can choose between pencil or skater style, whichever velvet appliqué design you want OR a custom appliqué design (must be a silhouette and simple enough for it to be translated into appliqué), you don’t even need to have appliqué if you’d prefer it plain! You can have pockets or no pockets, whichever colour you want (depending on the fabric colours available, of course.) It can also be custom sized if you require it so ANY size can enter (seriously, you could be a size 0 or a size 40, I will make it for you!) The only thing I will not change is the length, unless it’s only by 10cm or so.
- Reblog to enter! Likes do not count and you can only reblog twice a day so you aren’t spamming your followers
- You must be following my brand, corvuscoronefashion-photography (I will check!)
- You don’t have to be following my personal account (haus-of-grotesque) but I will double your entries if you are!
- Deleting or altering the text in any way will get you disqualified.
- You must be willing to give me your address if you win!
- You must claim your prize within 48 hours of the winner being announced or it will go to the runner up!
The giveaway will end 30th September 2014 at 12pm and the winner will be chosen using a random generator to make it fair!
I will post worldwide so everyone can enter!
And of course, this skirt and lots of other pretty things are available to buy in our Etsy shop: https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/CorvusCorone93
Remember: You must be following corvuscoronefashion-photography for your entries to count
1 day left!